1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak: Did you really have to ask?
2. The Diviners by Libba Bray: This is another one of my favorites. It’s set in 1920 New York and it’s just amazing. If you haven’t read it you should most definitely check it out.
3. Legacy of Kings by Eleanor Herman: This is an amazing book with a unique time frame. It’s set during the reign of Alexander the Great, which I love and is a really interesting concept. I love this book but haven’t gotten around to the sequel yet, but don’t you worry I’ll be on it.
4. The Infernal Devices by Cassandra Clare: Again, no real explanation necessary. This series is set in 1875 and is so phenomenal. Go read it.
5. And I Darken by Kiersten Gier: This book is, again, set in a very unusual time: 1430. I love this book, its so unique and beautifully crafted.
That was another Fifty! What are your favorite books set before 1950?